*disclaimer. i'm informed by my new email chum alice (who is at cambridge university, so don't fuck with her knowledge of this sort of thing) that the "monkey" featured here is in fact a chimpanzee. chimps aren't monkeys, they are apes. chimps are in fact no more closely related to monkeys than humans are. i've no idea how closely chimps are related to humans as i was never very good at biology, but if you're a creationist: a) it's VERY closely and b) you're an inbred cretin.

* i'm told we share 98.4% of our DNA with chimps. presumably the other 1.6% is the DNA for buying hats, driving cars, going to the pub and so on.

Monkey Media News! the monkey was in the May 2005 edition of Maxim magazine!

Snopes.com is a CIA conspiracy.

home